Welcome to the online version of the Sir John Moore Foundation Museum Digital Collection.
William Riley, head of the English (village) school 1887 - 1925. Shown on the roof and with his class.
The English (village) School co-existed with the Grammar School but was confined to one room and one teacher for all ages. In addition, Riley took Sunday School and was choir master and organist and churchwarden! One of his daughters, Lilla Mary went on to become an elementary school teacher in Burslem.
Newton Regis, Warwickshire (birthplace c. 1864).