Welcome to the online version of the Sir John Moore Foundation Museum Digital Collection.
Black and white photo of Mrs Beadman outside the front of the Almshouses c. 1950s?
The Almshouses were built in 1839 following the closure of a workhouse in Measham.
They were funded by the Misses Moore, 3 daughters of Squire George Moore, born in the 1770s and remained unmarried.
Consisted of 5 cottages and gardens. Run by a charitable trust and originally let for a modest rent to poor persons of the parish who were "of good character and repair and members of the established Church".